Picturesque bedrooms are a staple of social media posts and on the pages of home design magazines. The one thing every seemingly perfect room has in common is great lighting. The bedroom can be a busy place during waking hours. Finding the right lighting combination is important to creating a space you will want to live in after getting out of bed every morning.The best lighting will provide the right amount of illumination for tasks like dressing, reading, romance and relaxation before transitioning to sleep.
The right light will turn your bedroom into a spot that’s optimal for waking up to a bright and energetic room early in the morning,as well as for basking in calming mood lighting that’s ideal for unwinding with a good book at night. Ahead, an electrician in Alexandria, VA breaks down some of the most popular bedroom lighting options:
- Recessed: Recessed lights are a great contemporary choice for the bedroom. This low-key lighting option works well with other ceiling fixtures, such as a pendant light. Recessed lights are also a great choice for walk-in closets.
- Ceiling fans: Ceiling fans pull double duty by providing bright overhead lighting and helping to circulate air throughout the room.The ceiling fan can be flush-mount, semi-flush mount or drop style.They’re available in a wide range of colors and styles, so you’ll be able to find the perfect option to fit your space.
- Pendants: Pendant lighting is one of the top trends in bedroom lighting. Hang two or three statement pendant lights above the bed to create a stylish spot while also freeing up valuable room on the nightstand. Another option is to hang a single pendant light above the vanity for a glamorous space to apply makeup.
- Chandeliers: Chandeliers add a touch of elegance to any room. Select the right chandelier to fit the style of your bedroom. You will need a high ceiling to accommodate a chandelier. An electrician in Alexandria, VA can help determine the perfect spot for this luxurious addition.
- Flush-mounted ceiling fixtures: This is the most common type of overhead light. Flush-mounted fixtures sit directly against the ceiling. The light bulb is covered with a glass cover. In most bedrooms, this might be the only light you really need to illuminate the entire space.
- Wall sconces: Love to curl up in bed with a good book? Then wall sconces are a great option for you. Sconces are typically placed along the side of the headboard for a minimally invasive light. Choose a fixed option or a sconce with an adjustable swing arm to easily re-position the light.
- Track lighting: Track lights are the perfect finishing touch for a contemporary or minimalist bedroom. This option can spotlight a particular item, like a piece of art or other accent. Track lighting also works to add a bit of subdued lighting to the vanity or dressing area.
Determining the right lighting choice can be tricky without the help and guidance of an electrician in Alexandria, VA. Call the experts at Walsh Electric today to begin the process of transforming your bedroom with a new lighting option.